Sunday, February 20, 2011

Does John Fogerty Have a Secret Love Child?

The other day I was listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival, simultaneously perusing pictures of the band from their early days. While doing this, I found a couple of pictures that reminded me how very strange John Fogerty looked in the late 60's and early 70's.

Here's an image to jog your memory, or give you an idea if you don't know who the hell John Fogerty is and don't know why you are even reading this post:


OK, we've got that covered.

Now, as I was studying the images, some details immediately struck me.
For instance, his ridiculous hair cut, which looks as if he paid a homeless person on crack cocaine one dollar to lob off his locks.

Another thing I recognized was the fact that he has a rather square-shaped face, and a nose reminiscent of a hawk's beak. Finally, I thought it strange that his eyes are almost always closed in photographs. This probably serves to convey a level of rock and roll ecstasy that mere mortals could never achieve or comprehend, but I have another theory: could it be that he doesn't keep them open due to poor eyesight?

Then, an epiphany hit me.
There's someone else in popular culture that looks a whole hell of a lot like John Fogerty. 

Let's take another look at him:


And then....Take a gander at this little gal down below:


Velma Dinkley, of Scooby Doo fame. 

Let's get a close-up of her face to explore the eerie similarities:


1) Strange and unnecessary bowl cut = CHECK.

2)  A face that veers toward an equilateral polygon = CHECK.

3) Completely worthless eyes that are practically just there for show...




CHECK.

So, let me know what you think, guys. Could Velma Dinkley be the mysterious love child of John Fogerty? If so, who might her mother be? If you have any tip-offs, send them to: jeezumcrowvintage@yahoo.com.

No comments: