Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just a Thought

I understand and even somewhat agree with the usefulness of Twitter in the realm of business and creative ventures.  It's fun and informative to be able to check up on what your favorite bands, artists, publications, and businesses are doing.  I'd add checking up on friends to that list, but Facebook was already created for that purpose, not to mention there is always the telephone.
However, there are some things that I do not need to know about, let alone instantaneously, AS they are going down.  Examples:

"Getting fucked up with Blaze," or "taking a good shit listening to Jay-Z."

This leads me to a proposition for Twitter.com:

If users are posting dumb and useless updates on the site regularly, the name of these posts should be changed from "tweets" to "twits."  I move for a vocabulary shift to go in effect right now.  Any opinions?

1 comment:

Hunter said...

Look: this is EXACTLY what I thought Twitter was like for the months and months and months before I finally caved and started an account. I have been humbled. If you are following interesting people and businesses and magazines that you already know you will be intereted in, you will find an almost unending stream of cool shit awaits you. Don't judge me.