Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Famous Literary Drunks and Addicts..YESSSAH!

I know I've already touted the goodness of Life Magazine's photo archive site, but this is too good not to share:



A collection of "Famous Literary Drunks and Addicts." It just never ceases to amaze me that this venerable photography force consistently posts such a wide range of picture collections. You can find anything from very important historic shoots of events like world wars and presidential assassinations to pop culture stuff such as fashions from the 2010 Golden Globe Awards. I regularly indulge in all of these and more. If you haven't already signed up for the weekly email with featured selections, I implore you to do so!

P.S. You may want to click on the link at the top of the photo, because the captions are more than half the goodness. They tell you what each author was addicted to, maybe a fitting quote, and a little blurb about his/her life.

No comments: